How to Change Remote Control Codes
Changing the codes on your universal remote control is not much different than when you set them up in the first place. It should only take a few minutes.
Turn on the electronic component that you want to control with your universal remote.
Enter your universal remote into "Program" mode. Typically, this involves pressing and holding two buttons at the same time, like a "Setup" and "Device" button, or a "Setup" and "OK" button. The specifics will be different depending on your remote.
Press the button that you want to assign to your component. If you want to control a DVD player, for example, press the "DVD" button on the top of your universal remote.
Enter in your new remote code using the number pad. This should turn off the component, indicating the code was entered successfully.
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- How to Set a Universal Garage Door Opener
- How to Ignite an Electric Pilot on a Stove
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Splice a Humminbird Transducer Cable
- How to Use a Keypad Door Lock