- Flip the wall switch to "Off" to make sure the disposal is turned off. Turn off the water in the sink if it is running.
- Open the cabinet under the sink and get below the disposal.
- Place either end of an Allen wrench into the hole at the bottom of the garbage disposal.
- Twist the Allen wrench clockwise until you can rotate it a full 360 degrees. Because the disposal is stopped up, you may not be able to turn the Allen wrench the full 360 degrees in one fell swoop. Work the Allen wrench back and forth as much as you need to until you complete a full rotation.
- Use tongs to reach inside the disposal and remove loose objects.
- Press the "Reset" button at the bottom of the disposal about five minutes after you rotate the Allen wrench.
- Turn on the water and flip the switch to run the garbage disposal. The disposal will no longer be stopped up and water will drain.
- Check your breaker box for a tripped breaker switch if the appliance still does not drain.