- Let the light bulb cool for about 15 minutes if it was just illuminated.
- Put on the gloves. Place a ladder near the light fixture if needed to reach the fixture.
- Unscrew any screws holding the light fixture closed and remove them. Swing the door to the light fixture open.
- Remove the old bulb and insert a new halogen bulb into the holder, pressing both metallic ends into the metallic contacts on each end of the holder.
- Close the fixture door, replace the screws and tighten them.
Things You Will Need
- Ladder (optional)
- Light bulb
- Never touch a halogen bulb with your bare hands. The oils in your skin react with the quartz coating on the bulb and greatly shorten the life of the new bulb.