- Press the end of a small screwdriver into the slot located in the shank of the door knob on the interior side of a cylinder lock. Pull out the interior knob and remove the rose behind it.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts that secure the mounting plate. There are normally two of these bolts. Remove the mounting plate.
- Pull out the knob on the door's exterior side. From the same side, remove the rose, followed by the cylinder.
- Remove the screws from the face plate on the door edge, and pry off the face plate. Pull the latch assembly out of the door.
- Unscrew the set screw in the shank of the interior door knob with a small screwdriver. Remove the interior knob from the spindle it was installed upon. Pull off the exterior knob from the other side.
- Unscrew and remove the set screw from the deadbolt knob on the interior of the door. Pull off the deadbolt knob.
- Unscrew the cylinder set screw, located in the lock face plate on the door edge. Loosen the set screw with a screwdriver to free the cylinder enough so that you can unscrew and pull out the cylinder from the exterior side of the door.
- Unscrew and remove the screws from the face plate that anchor the lock into the mortise in the door edge. Pull the lock body out of the mortise.