How to Remove the Lower Arm From a Kenmore 665 Dishwasher
The Kenmore 665 dishwasher is actually a line of dishwashers sold by Sears under the Kenmore brand. There are a number of different models in the line, with varying capacities and cleaning features. One thing all of these dishwashers have in common is a lower arm that helps in cleaning the dishes. Occasionally these arms can malfunction, causing the dishwasher to become nonfunctional. The first step in replacing this component is to remove the lower arm.
Turn off the power for the Kenmore 665 dishwasher. As this dishwasher is most likely hard-wired into your home's circuit, the best way to do this is to cut off the electricity for the dishwasher at the main circuit breaker. Inside the main breaker panel, there should be a circuit map, or the switches should be labeled with information about which circuits they control. Move the switch that controls the dishwasher to the "Off" position.
Open up the Kenmore 665 dishwasher door. Pull the lower dishwasher rack out of the machine.
Look for the cap on top of the lower arm. Insert the edge of a flat-bladed screwdriver in between the bottom of the cap and the top of the sprayer arm. Gently pry the top of the cap off the sprayer arm.
Remove the sprayer arm bolt with a socket wrench. Use an extension, if needed.
Grasp the lower arm firmly, and gently pull upward to slide it off the dishwasher hub.
- The steps listed here are only a guideline. Follow the specific instructions for your Kenmore model when removing the lower arm.
Nathan McGinty started writing in 1995. He has a Bachelor of Science in communications from the University of Texas at Austin and a Master of Arts in international journalism from City University, London. He has worked in the technology industry for more than 20 years, in positions ranging from tech support to marketing.
- How to Change a Filter on a Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher
- How to Take Off the Agitator in a GE Top-Load Washer
- How to Replace the Pump Motor in an LG Dishwasher
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Remove the Front Cover on a Maytag Atlantis
- How to Get Perfume Out of Clothes