- Discontinue electric service to the range by turning off the circuit breaker that supplies it electricity.
- Open the door on the Whirlpool range and locate the retaining screws under the front lip of the top.
- Remove the retaining screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Ensure that you keep the screws in a safe place for when they are needed later.
- Pull out the stove top about a foot. Remove the screws that secure the ground wire and wiring harness strain relief bracket. Pull out the top the rest of the way and set it out of the way.
How to Remove a Whirlpool Ceramic Electric Range Top
The ceramic stove top is a modern improvement to the design of the stove. It allows for more even heating and faster cleanup. Whirlpool manufacturers several models of ceramic stove top ranges. Sometimes the ceramic top must be removed to replace it or a burner element underneath. Removing the top is accomplished using a step-by-step process easily implemented, even by a beginner. The procedure takes less than an hour.
Things You Will Need
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Use Cast Iron on Maytag Smooth-Top Range
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Clean Grill Grates With Oven Cleaner
- Instructions for Replacing a GE Profile Glass Top
- How to Remove Burnt-on Water on Ceramic Stove Tops
- How to Clean Anolon Advanced Cookware
- How to Change a Tappan Oven Bake Element
- How to Prepare Marine Plywood for a Boat Deck
- How to Keep Oven Cleaner off the Heating Element in Your Electric Range