How to Program a Peerless Water Softener
Founded in 1935, Peerless Inc. is a water treatment equipment manufacturer that produces residential, commercial and industrial water softeners. Peerless uses innovative designs, state-of-the-art technology and more than 75 years of experience to produce reliable and easy-to-use residential water softener systems. Programming the time-of-day and program wheels for a Peerless residential water softener is a simple process that you can complete relatively quickly.
Set the time of day on your Peerless water softener: Locate the red "Set" button to the left of the "24-Hour" gear on the water softener control console. Press it. Then rotate the 24-Hour gear to the right until the "Time of Day" indicator below the "Manual Regeneration" knob shows the desired time.
Set the water softener's "Program" wheel based on the number of people in your home. Lift the "People" dial located to the right of the 24-Hour gear and the Manual Regeneration knob. Rotate the dial so that the number of household occupants is aligned with the "Grains Per Gallon Water Hardness Scale" indicator.
Regenerate your water softener's valve manually by rotating the Manual Regeneration knob. Turn the knob clockwise until the Manual Regeneration indicator to the left of the knob reads "Regen."
- The reserve capacity for your water softener is based on 75 gallons per person.
- Peerless water softener programming instructions may vary by water softener model. Contact Peerless directly to obtain model-specific programming instructions, if necessary.
Megan Mattingly-Arthur has been writing professionally since 1998. She has contributed to various publications, including "Teen Voices" and "Positive Teens" magazines, as well as a book, "The Young Writer's Guide to Getting Published." Mattingly-Arthur is studying travel and tourism through Penn Foster Career School.
- How to Troubleshoot a Cuisinart DTC-975
- How to Fix a Whirlpool Washing Machine That Starts and Then Stops After It Fills With Water
- How to Increase Your Water Pressure at Home
- How to Shorten Wash Time on a Whirlpool Duet Washer
- How to Winterize a Sears Front Load Washer
- How to Clean a Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker