Dyson Absolute Vacuum Instructions
The Dyson DC17 is the company's Absolute series of vacuums. The vacuum is an all-floors vacuum that is fully adjustable to clean everything from deep pile carpets to tile and hardwood. Vacuuming often will help keep allergens, dirt, mold and other contaminates from dwelling in your carpet. This is especially important if you have small children that spend time playing on the carpet. Use your vacuum properly to ensure that you can use it for a long time.
- Plug the machine in. Step on the handle release bar to lower it into the operating position.
- Turn the machine on.
- Press the brushbar on/off button to depending if you want the brushbar to rotate or not. Turn the brushbar on if the carpet has a high pile. Push it off if the floors are bare.
- Push the machine around the room to suck up all of the dirt.
- Flip the cap at the top of the machine handle and pull the wand out of the handle. Pull the handle from the machine to operate the hose. Press an attachment into the nozzle to use an attachment. If cleaning the stairs, always place the vacuum at the bottom of the stairs to prevent pulling it on yourself as you work.
- Turn the machine off and unplug it when the dirt bin fills up.
- Grasp the handle on the clear bin and press the yellow release button. Pull the clear bin from the machine.
- Hold the bin over the trash can and press the release button on the back of the handle. This will open the bottom of the bin and all of the dirt in the container will exit the bin.
- Close the bin until it snaps into place and press it into the machine until you hear it lock into place.
- Wind the cord around the hooks on the top and bottom of the back of the machine and store the vacuum in a closet.
- Consult with your carpet manufacturer to determine if you should use a brushbar or not as brushbars can make some carpet fuzz and pill.