How to Troubleshoot an Oreck XL Vacuum
The Oreck XL is an upright vacuum cleaner that uses high-powered suction to clean carpets. If problems with the vacuum occur, conduct a few troubleshooting actions to see if you help identify what is causing the issue.
You might be able to determine and take care of the problem without having to give the Oreck XL to a professional to fix.
Plug the power cord fully into a wall outlet if the XL will not turn on. Check the outlet by plugging another appliance into it to ensure it works.
Turn the XL to the side and look into the housing for any blockage if the cleaner will not run. Clear away any blockage.
Inspect the belt if the cleaner does not pick up debris. Make sure the belt is not broken.
Unzip the bag cover and inspect the bag if there is insufficient suction. Replace the filter bag if it is full. A full filter bag will decrease performance.
Change the filter bag if the bag pores are clogged with fine dust. This blockage can prevent debris from entering the bag.
The Drip Cap
- The Oreck XL is an upright vacuum cleaner that uses high-powered suction to clean carpets.
- Turn the XL to the side and look into the housing for any blockage if the cleaner will not run.
- Inspect the belt if the cleaner does not pick up debris.
- "Oreck XL User's Guide"; Oreck Holdings, LLC; 2004
David Clair began writing for websites in 2001, creating online marketing content for business owners. He has written for Internet companies including eBay and creates training materials for an online education company. Clair is studying technical writing and pursuing an Associate of Arts in information technology from the University of Phoenix.
- Directions for Changing the Belt on a Eureka Maxima Vacuum
- How to Troubleshoot a Hoover WindTunnel Bagless That Is Making a Loud Noise
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How do I Install a 86889 HEPA Air Filter?
- How to Install a Bag for the Electrolux Oxygen 3
- Fantom Vacuum Cleaner Troubleshooting