- Inspect the bunk bed kit. Look at all of the wood and/or metal parts. Check for loose or missing parts, cracks or other damage.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions precisely. Use the proper tools and the appropriate fasteners to assemble the bunk bed.
- Assemble the headboard first. Attach the cross beams to the corner posts. Be careful to tighten, but not overtighten, the fasteners.
- Put together the footboard. Secure the pieces without tightening so much that you strip the threads and make them useless.
- Lean the headboard assembly gently against the wall. Have an assistant hold the footboard in an upright position.
- Fasten the rails to the footboard. Have the assistant move over, and stand the headboard into its upright position. Fasten the rails to the headboard.
- Secure the crossbeams between the rails. Inspect every fastener on the entire assembly, from top to bottom. Snug each one with the proper tool.
Things You Will Need
- Wooden or metal tube bunk bed with hardware kit
- Basic hand tools
- Work gloves
- Safety glasses
- If you find any damaged pieces during your inspection, return the entire bed to the store where you purchased it. Repackage it in its original container and take it back, with the receipt.