- Press the TV's round on/off button, which has the slash mark through the center of the circle, to shut off the set. You can also turn of the set using the television's remote control.
- Line up the shape of the plug on one end of the cable with the six-sided jack on the back of the LG 42LD450, or use the jack on the side of the TV cabinet. Make a note of the jack label, for example "HDMI 1" or "HDMI 2." Push the plug straight in as far as it will go.
- Insert the other end of the cable into one of the labeled HDMI outputs on the back of the surround sound receiver. If you have a jack labeled for a TV on the receiver, use that one. Otherwise, you can connect to any HDMI output on the component. Make a note of the label on the jack, such as "TV," "Video 1" or "Video 2."
- Turn on the power for the receiver and the TV. Press the button on the receiver's remote control that corresponds to the jack input conncection on the back of the receiver as described in Step 3. (TV, Video 1, or Video 2).
- Press and release the "TV/Video" button repeatedly on the LG remote control until "HDMI 1" or "HDMI 2" displays on the screen, depending on which of the two jacks you used to connect the surround sound receiver. You are now ready to enjoy surround sound and a digital high definition picture.
How to Hook up Surround Sound to an LG 42LD450
The LG 42LD450 is a high-definition TV with a 42-inch diagonal flat screen. The set is equipped with two High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) jacks for audio and video connections to high-definition equipment. One jack is located on the back panel and the second is on the side of the flat cabinet. HDMI cables send video and audio signals through a single connection, so if you want to hook up the LG 42LD450 to surround sound, you will need only one cable with HDMI plugs.
Things You Will Need
- How to Adjust Your Air Conditioner's Thermostat
- How to Connect a Trane Rover
- Acu-Rite 00593W Directions
- How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver
- How to Replace a Wall-Mounted Phone Jack
- How to Use Antennas to Get HDTV
- How to Mount an LCD Wall Mount to 24-Inch Studs
- How to Mount an Imac to the Wall
- How to Wire a Rotary Telephone
- How to Connect a Home Theater System to a TV
- How to Arrange 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
- How to Wire a 4-Speed Blower Motor
- How to Troubleshoot a Liebert Mini-Mate
- How to Install and Run a Splitter for Home Cable