How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel
Stainless steel appliances create a sleek and updated look in your kitchen. If you are updating your kitchen, it is not always necessary to purchase all new stainless steel appliances -- instead, the front panels of many dishwashers and refrigerators are interchangeable. To replace the front panel of the dishwasher, you must remove the existing front panel. The panel is secured to the door with several screws located on the inside dishwasher panel. Once removed, you can easily install the stainless steel cover.
- Turn off the dishwasher breaker in your service panel.
- Open the dishwasher door and remove the screws on the sides on the inside panel, securing the front panel to the door.
- Close the dishwasher door.
- Pull the outer panel down and then off the dishwasher.
- Install the new stainless steel panel by aligning it with the door and then pushing it up into the control panel.
- Secure the panel using the screws that were removed from the inner door panel.
- Turn the dishwasher breaker back on to restore power to the appliance.