- Unplug the power cord from the outlet. Turn off the existing gas supply and disconnect the pipe from the dryer using an adjustable wrench if there is an existing connection.
- Push the blade of a putty knife into the seam between the top of the dryer and the front panel at the corners and pry up to release the retaining clips. Rotate the top up and lean it against the wall at the back of the dryer.
- Remove the front panel retaining screws from inside the machine at the top using a Phillips screwdriver. Pull the front panel away from the frame of the machine and set it aside out of the way.
- Remove the retaining screws from the dryer burner at the bottom of the machine using a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the tube from the dryer. Remove the orifice from the burner tube using an adjustable wrench.
- Remove the leak limiter from the burner tube using an adjustable wrench. Install the new leak limiter into the burner tube and tighten it hand-tight. Install the new orifice and tighten it using an adjustable wrench.
- Reinstall the burner tube and tighten the retaining screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Install the front panel on the dryer and tighten the retaining screws with a screwdriver. Lower the dryer top and push on the corners to lock the retaining clips.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet. Connect the LP gas pipe to the dryer and tighten the fitting with an adjustable wrench.
Converting a Natural Gas Dryer to Propane
When you buy any gas dryer, it comes preset at the factory for natural gas use. If you need to use the dryer with LP gas, you need to install a conversion kit specific to your dryer brand before you connect it to the LP gas line. You can save money by completing the conversion yourself rather than calling a technician. The conversion procedure is not difficult and in most cases, you can finish the job in less than 30 minutes.
Things You Will Need
- Do not smoke while you are working on the dryer gas lines.
- Amp Electrical Information for a Clothes Dryer
- How to Remove the Housing on a PYE2300AYW Maytag Electric Dryer Lint Filter
- How to Replace the Temp Sensor on a Whirlpool Electric Duet Dryer
- How to Replace a Thermal Fuse in an Admiral Capacity Plus Dryer
- How to Clean Lint From a Kenmore Stack Dryer
- Aluminum Vs. Galvanized Duct for Dryer Vent
- How to Replace the Belt on a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Repair a Crosley Dryer
- How to Clean Your RV Refrigerator Burner
- The Disadvantages of Gas Clothes Dryers
- How to Put a Dryer Close to a Wall
- How to Clean Out Your Clothes Dryer Exhaust Hose and Duct
- How Do I Repair a Gas Grill With a Crimped Connector?
- How to Troubleshoot a Kenmore Dryer That Is Not Drying