Things You Will Need
- Oxygen bleach
- Nylon scrub brush
Mold on the sidewalk not only makes your home's landscape look unattractive, but it also introduces harmful bacteria to your property. Mold is not a problem that will disappear on its own; in actuality, the mold grows at a rapid pace when not cared for.
When you need to get rid of the mold, you must take your surrounding vegetation into consideration. Using harsh chemicals or chlorine bleach will kill off grass and plants, plus leave your lawn with unattractive dead patches of grass.
- Pour 1 cup oxygen bleach into the bottom of a bucket. This comes in powder form and is available with cleaning supplies at the grocery or hardware store.
- Fill the bucket with water from your garden hose.
- Take the hose to the patch of sidewalk, and rinse off the sidewalk to soften the mold growth.
- Pour the cleaning solution over the sidewalk, saturating all of the mold with the cleaner.
- Scrub the sidewalk with your nylon brush, and continue until you remove all of the mold.
- Wash off the sidewalk with your garden hose, and let the sidewalk air dry.