Things You Will Need
- Wooden dowel, 1 inch thick by 24 inches long
- Craft glue
- Acrylic paint
When teaching students about the universe, it can be difficult to portray the vastness and grandeur of outer space. But giving your students the opportunity to build a 3D model will help them understand the enormity of the universe.
- Cut out shapes from cardboard that resemble galaxies. Make some galaxy shapes look like spirals and some like clusters.
- Paint details onto the galaxies using acrylic paint. Use lighter colors to add stars and nebulae onto the galaxies so they will appear to glow.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Glue a 12-inch piece of twine onto each galaxy.
- Tie the other ends of the twine onto a dowel, spacing them out evenly.