How to Calibrate an LCR Meter
Electronic devices like an LCR meter are precision instruments that need to be calibrated and recalibrated. This is done to keep the readings accurate for continued use. An LCR meter measures the inductance, capacitance and resistance of a component. The process of calibration and recalibration is a straightforward procedure that will keep your machine in the condition needed to give you accurate readings for all the testing you will perform.
- Turn on the LCR meter by pressing the "Power" button located on the front.
- Press and hold the "Rel/Cal" button for two seconds. The display will show "CAL" after this is done along with the word "Open" on the top.
- Press the "Rel/Cal" button once, and within a few seconds the screen display will go back to its original display.
- Repeat Step 2.
- Place a paper clip in the +/- sockets located at the bottom of the meter so the display switches from "Open" on the top to "Short."
- Repeat Step 3. Once that is done then your LCR meter is calibrated.
Things You Will Need
- LCR meter
- Paper clip
- Periodically perform recalibration to keep the unit accurate with constant use.