How to Remove the Cap to Replace the Line of a Homelite Trimmer
Homelite trimmers use a monofilament string the spins rapidly to cut tall grass in areas unreachable by a lawn mower. As the trimmer is used, the string will break and will eventually run out. When the trimmer is out of string, you can either rewind the string or replace the spool with a new, pre-wound spool.
To remove the old spool for rewinding or replacement you must first remove the spool retainer cap, which secures the spool to the head of the trimmer.
Disconnect the power to your Homelite trimmer to avoid accidentally turning on the motor during disassembly.
Turn the trimmer over and locate the spool retainer cap, located on the bottom of the trimmer head.
Depress the tabs on the sides of the spool retainer cap.
Pull the spool retainer cap straight up and off the trimmer head.
Andrew Todd has been writing since 2006. He has written for the Consumer Search website and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida. Todd has a Bachelor of Science in criminal justice from the University of Central Florida.
- Troubleshoot a Bosch Dishwasher That Leaves Grit on the Dishes
- How to Remove the Wheels on a Kettler Tricycle
- How to Reset the Filter in a Honeywell Portable Air Cleaner
- How to Cap a Gas Line in My House
- How to Remove the Spout Cap From a Delta Kitchen Faucet
- How to Start a Troy-Bilt Pressure Washer