How to Replace the Battery in a Sears 315 Garage Door Remote
Chamberlain Liftmaster manufactures the Sears line of garage door openers and remotes. The Sears 315 garage door opener is part of the 315MHz security line of openers. The Sears 315 remote is the same as the Liftmaster 371M model remote.
When the remote fails to operate the door opener, the first thing to check is the battery. Replacing the battery in a Sears 315 garage door opener requires a new lithium battery. Unlike other remotes, the battery in the 315MHz models uses a battery similar to a watch battery.
Insert a small flat-head screwdriver in the seam between the front and back cover of the remote control. Twist the handle of the screwdriver and pry the cover apart.
Pull the old battery out of the top cover. Insert a new battery with the positive side of the battery pointing to the top cover.
Place the two covers back together and press them with your fingers until they lock.
Things You Will Need
- Small flat-head screwdriver
- Replacement lithium battery (3V2032)
The remote control does not lose the programming code when changing batteries. Three button controls have two screws on the back. Remove the screws with a Phillips head screwdriver to separate the covers and access the batteries.
Kenneth Crawford is a freelance writer with more than 10 years of experience. His work has appeared in both print and online publications, including "The American Chronicle." Crawford holds an associate degree in business administration from Commonwealth College.
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Change the Belt for a Kenmore Dryer Model 110
- How to Change Batteries in a Unican Door Lock
- How to Install a Belt on a Eureka Whirlwind Litespeed 5843
- How Do I Program a Craftsman 53778 Remote?
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Kenmore Microwave