Troubleshooting the Buttons on a TRANE Air Conditioner
Trane manufactures a series of home products including dehumidifiers, air cleaning units and air conditioning systems for residential and commercial use. Trane room air conditioners operate with a series of buttons and a remote control. If you are using a Trane room air conditioner and the controls are not working as you would like, try some troubleshooting tips before you call for service. The problem is often something you can fix yourself.
Check to ensure the power button is pressed, if the air conditioner is not kicking on at all. Look to see if a fuse has blown or if a circuit breaker has tripped, if it will not go on when you do press the power button.
Look inside the remote control to ensure the batteries are there and properly inserted. Set the timer on the air conditioner properly, if the unit won’t work when you press the power button.
Pull open the front panel of the air conditioner and remove the filter for cleaning, if the operation lamp flashes and the unit suddenly stops working. Clean the filter with a standard vacuum cleaner.
Set the clock properly, if the timer doesn’t work at the correct times of the day. Press the "Clock" button, then the "Timer Setting" button and hold the up or down arrow to select the time you need. Press "Clock" again to set the time.
Press the "Mode" button until you reach the mode you want, if the unit isn’t doing what you want it to. Pressing the button will cycle through Auto, Dry, Heat, Cool and Fan modes.
- Set the timer by pressing the "On Timer" button until a time blinks in the display. Press the "Timer Setting" button until you reach the time you want the unit to come on. Press "On Timer" again to set the time. Repeat the same steps with the "Off Timer" button to set the time for it to go off. Press "Cancel" after the process to cancel the selection.
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Fix Locked Dryer Controls on a Whirlpool Duet
- How to Troubleshoot a Walk-in Freezer With a Fan That's Not Running
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Reset a Kenmore Coldspot Filter Indicator
- How to Troubleshoot a Sylvania Microwave