How to Change the Fuse on a Kenmore Vacuum
Kenmore vacuum cleaners are available in upright, canister and built-in models. All versions have different mechanical layouts. Kenmore canister vacuums have a built-in overload protector than functions similarly to a fuse, while the rest do not. If a power surge occurs or if the motor on your Kenmore canister vacuum begins to overwork, the overload protector kicks in, the power cuts off. With Kenmore built-in and upright vacuums, any blown fuses or power interruptions occur outside of the machine itself in the electricity supply.
Turn off the power switch on your Kenmore canister vacuum if there is a sudden loss of power or the machine fails to turn on at all. A blockage in the airflow or an overfull vacuum bag may be the cause.
Remove the plug from the wall socket. Wait for at least 50 minutes with the machine unplugged. This provides enough time for the built in overload protector to reset.
Change the vacuum bag, and inspect the vacuum hose and vents for debris, which may be blocking the flow of air and causing the overload to occur.
Plug the vacuum back into the wall socket and test it.
- If your upright or built in Kenmore vacuum fails to turn on or stops working as you use it, a loss of power may be the cause. Check that the power cord is plugged in, then move to your home circuit breaker or fuse box. Inspect the box to see if any breakers have tripped to the off position or if any fuses have blown out. Reset the breakers or install a new fuse of the proper specifications and power rating. Test the vacuum again.
- Never attempt to perform maintenance or repairs on your electric vacuum while it is plugged in. Electric current can cause serious injury or death.
Robert Morello has an extensive travel, marketing and business background. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Columbia University in 2002 and has worked in travel as a guide, corporate senior marketing and product manager and travel consultant/expert. Morello is a professional writer and adjunct professor of travel and tourism.
- Brand X Pictures/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images
- How to Troubleshoot a Beeping F7 on a Magic Chef Oven
- How to Install a GE Front-Load Dryer Belt
- How to Connect a Phone Line or Cable to a Surge Protector
- How to Install a Belt on a Riccar Vacuum
- How to Reset the Beeping Noise on a Model FAA67P7 Frigidare Air Conditioner
- How to Clean Aprilaire Filters