- Determine the location of your condenser fan. Most units have a fan on the back or the bottom.
- Pull the refrigerator away from the wall and unplug.
- Use a screwdriver to unscrew the kick plate if your condenser fan is located on the back of the unit.
- Brush coils with a hand broom to remove large areas of dust. Use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice cleaner attachment to get into hard to reach areas. You can also use a long handled condenser cleaning brush, which can be purchased at an appliance store.
- If the fan is underneath the refrigerator, pull of the grate on the front of unit. This is located on the bottom front edge.
- Start at the front of the unit and clean as much as you can with the vacuum and crevice tool. Follow up by using the condenser cleaning tool.
- Move to the back of the refrigerator and clean underneath in the same manner as you did from the front, using the crevice attachment and the condenser cleaning tool.
- Sweep up dust and debris with a hand broom and discard in the garbage.
- Plug in the refrigerator and push it back into place.
Things You Will Need
- Vacuum cleaner Angled crevice attachment Upholstery brush Hand broom Condenser cleaning tool Screw driver Cardboard
- Place cardboard on the floor to protect it from scratches and damage.