- Set two small bowls nearby. Fill one with warm soapy water and leave the other one dry.
- Hold the nozzle assembly with one hand and slowly turn the cap. Normally, you must turn the cap counterclockwise to loosen it, but if this does not work, try turning it clockwise. Remove the cap and set it and the other small parts aside in the dry bowl so you can keep track of all the parts.
- Place the nozzle, the venturi and the venturi housing in the bowl of soapy warm water. Stir lightly with your fingers to agitate the water.
- Gently clean these parts with a small soft-bristled brush and rinse it under a faucet.
- Check other parts of the assembly for dirt and grime. Clean and rinse these before re-assembling or your work may soon be undone (if dirt from these migrates to the venturi and nozzle).
Things You Will Need
- Two small bowls
- Warm water
- Liquid soap (dish soap or hand soap)
- Small soft-bristled brush
- * A baby toothbrush or small bottle brush works well for cleaning v venturi nozzles. * If you still have your brand of water softener owner's manual, keep it nearby so you can look at the illustrations for assembly when you re-assemble the unit. Otherwise, make sure you make a note of the device's illustrated structure when you remove the cap and other parts.