- Locate the water filter in the top left corner of the refrigerator. The filter is located in the small tube with the hole in the bottom.
- Hold a cup under the hole and turn the filter handle counterclockwise. A small amount of water will drain into the cup through the hole.
- Slide the cartridge out of the tubing and dispose of it in a waste receptacle.
- Remove the replacement filter from its packaging and take off all of the protective coverings.
- Push the replacement filter into the filter holder with the handle positioned vertically.
- Grip the handle and turn it clockwise until it clicks in place.
- Run water through the dispenser for two minutes to clear any air in the water line.
How to Change the Filter on an LG Refrigerator
LG refrigerator water dispensers provide filtered water through a dedicated water line. The filters remove excessive minerals and contaminants from the water, making it safer to drink. The filter in LG refrigerators are effective for a long period of time, depending on usage. Eventually the filter will wear down and provide lower quality filtration. To ensure the quality of your drinking water, change an LG refrigerator water filter at least every 6 to 8 months.
Things You Will Need
- How to Disconnect Water Lines From Refrigerator Filter Housing
- How to Install a Frigidaire Ice Maker
- How to Change a Watts Premier Filter
- How to Fix a Clogged Bathroom Sink
- How do I Change the Filter in a Janitrol Pacesetter Gas Furnace?
- How to Drain a Reverse Osmosis Water Storage Tank
- How to Repair a Broken Kenmore Refrigerator Water Dispenser Hose
- How to Reset a Kenmore Coldspot Filter Indicator
- How to Empty a Polaris Spa Wand
- How to Clean the Filter in a Kenmore Ultrawash Dishwasher
- How to Change an OmniFilter
- How to Test a Refrigerator Baffle
- How to Sanitize a GE Water Filter
- How to Clean the Water Reservoir in a Kitchenaid Refrigerator