How to Clean a Rainbow Playground
Rainbow playgrounds can be found in the yards of homes across the country. These play sets are durable, sturdy and provide a variety of play options that can keep children busy, such as swings, slides and ladders. The units typically are constructed from wood, with metal, plastic and vinyl components. Because children are regularly in contact with these play structures, it is important to clean the playgrounds to kill germs and other bacteria that can develop. Using a basic, homemade disinfectant that is safe for all of these surfaces is the most efficient way to clean.
Rinse off the play set with a garden hose to wash away any loose dirt.
Fill a spray bottle with two parts water and one part apple cider vinegar. The diluted vinegar is the perfect disinfectant and cleanser to use on all of the play set's components.
Spray the solution onto sections of the playground and wipe clean with a damp sponge. Repeat until all parts have been cleaned.
Spray the solution onto any areas where mold or mildew has developed and let it sit for five minutes. Use the scrub brush to remove the growth.
- Vinegar naturally kills mold and mildew, making it the perfect alternative to chemically based products such as bleach.
Mel Frank is a professional freelance writer with over 15 years of writing experience. She has completed a wide variety of writing assignments for a number of publications that include CNN and various websites. Frank received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from a prestigious university in Pennsylvania.
- How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote
- How to Clean a Pickle Crock
- How to Clean Caesarstone
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- A Home Remedy Pest Control for Hibiscus Ladybugs