How to Change Bulbs in a Westinghouse Ceiling Fan
Westinghouse is a leading manufacturer in many household fixtures and appliances, including ceiling fans. Many ceiling fans also include lights. To change the light bulbs in your Westinghouse ceiling fan, always follow the instructions that came with your manual, although most can be changed in the following manner.
Turn off the light switch and allow the lights to cool down, if applicable. Usually abut 30 minutes will suffice.
Remove the light bulb cover, if any. Some Westinghouse ceiling fan models have a glass globe that covers the light bulbs. Hold the globe up with one hand while unscrewing the decorative tip at the bottom. Set them down in a safe place when they are free from each other.
Unscrew the old light bulbs from the sockets by turning them counter clockwise.
Replace the light bulbs by screwing them in a clockwise directions. Do not exceed the maximum watt recommended by Westinghouse for your specific model ceiling fan. Many Westinghouse ceiling fans have three light sockets rated only to hold 40 watts. If you don't have the manual, this information may be imprinted or have a sticker near the light socket.
- Consider replacing the bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL bulbs) which can use a lower watt, but have the same light output of incandescent bulbs. However, according to Westinghouse’s website, you should not use CFL bulbs for enclosed indoor ceiling fixtures. So if the globe completely encases the bulbs (which it normally does not, on ceiling fans), you can use CFL bulbs instead of incandescent bulbs. Some manuals now even recommend CFL bulbs.
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?
- How to Replace 300 Watt Halogen Floor Lamp Bulbs
- How to Remove Caked-on Grease From Nonstick Pans
- How to Clean Burnt Food in a Paderno Frying Pan
- Difference Between Self-Ballasted & Unballasted Compact Fluorescent Bulbs
- How to Take Apart a KitchenAid Blender