- Open the door to the refrigerator or freezer section, depending on the type of unit you have.
- Find the freezer control knob that is used to set the temperature for the freezer section.
- Set or turn the freezer control knob to "0" or zero. This will manually turn off the compressor and prevent the freezer from cooling.
- Find the "On/Off" button if you have a control panel on your Frigidaire freezer. Hold the button for three seconds to turn off the cooling system. Press and hold the "On/Off" button for an additional three seconds to turn the cooling system back on.
- Open the door to the freezer section or compartment.
- Find the timer for the thermostat and locate the advancing screw.
- Place the end of a flathead screwdriver into the head of the advancing screw.
- Turn the screw clockwise slowly until you hear a click sound. The click indicates that the timer has activated the defrost mode for the freezer.