- Pull the garage door down.
- Locate the lock bar guide bracket on the right side of the door. This should be an L-bracket that holds the bar in place on the door near the track.
- Loosen the screws that secure the bracket to the door. Slide the bracket up or down slightly until the bar inserts smoothly into the track slot.
- Tighten the screws once the bracket alignment is correct.
- Repeat the process on the left side of the garage door to align the bracket.
- Turn the handle on the door to test the adjustment. With the guides aligned properly, the locking bar should pivot smoothly allowing the handle to turn.
How to Fix a Manual Garage Door Latch
If the manual handle on the garage door with not turn properly, chances are it needs a quick adjustment. As the garage door ages, the mechanisms that connect the track to the locking bar may settle or shift slightly. When this happens, the bar cannot connect to the slot in the track and the handle jams. Fixing this common problem takes just a few minutes of your time and once completed, allows the handle to turn smoothly.
Things You Will Need
- How to Program Chamberlain Keypads
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Connect a Hitachi DVI Television to an HDMI Receiver
- How to Assemble a Doorknob
- How to Fix Garage Door Gap
- How to Repair the Door Latch on a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- How to Install New Door Locks
- How Do I Program a Craftsman 53778 Remote?
- How to Unlock Kenmore Dishwashers
- How to Fix a Craftsman Garage Door Remote That Won't Work
- How to Put a Door Knob in a New Door
- How to Remove the Back of a Kenmore Series 70 Washing Machine
- How to Install a Whirlpool Oven Door