How to Change Color Panels on a Kenmore Dishwasher
Changing the color panel on the Kenmore dishwasher can be completed in just a few minutes. Kenmore offers color panels to match a variety of decors so you can change your kitchen style without replacing your dishwasher or having it look out of place. Changing the panel requires removing only a few parts and you can do this yourself, saving time and money.
Flip the breaker switch for the Kenmore dishwasher to the "Off" position before attempting to change the color panel.
Locate the screws on the sides of the control panel at the top of the dishwasher door and loosen them with a screwdriver. Slide the control panel off the top of the door and set it aside.
Place your hands on the sides of the color panel in the front of the dishwasher; move the panel up by sliding it with your hands as high as it will go.
Put a hand under the bottom of the color panel and one on top, removing the panel from the door the rest of the way. Set the old color panel out of the way.
Place the new color panel into the top of the dishwasher door, moving it down until it is seated completely in the front of the door.
Reattach the control panel to the top of the dishwasher door, securing it with screws. Flip the breaker switch for the Kenmore dishwasher to the "on" position.
- Always shut off the power supply at the breaker box for the Kenmore dishwasher before attempting to change the dishwasher front color panel.
Carl Pruit has been a freelance writer since 2005, specializing in service journalism and travel. His work has appeared on various websites. Born and raised in California, Pruit attended Contra Costa Community College in San Pablo, Calif. and received an associate degree in the administration of justice.
- Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images
- Removing the Drum of an LG Tromm Front Load Washer
- How to Fix a Broken Latch on an Amana Dishwasher
- How to Replace the Front Panel on a KitchenAid Dishwasher
- How to Remove the Front Panel on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator
- How to Change the Facing on Whirlpool Dishwashers
- How to Take Olive Oil Stains Out