How to Clean and Maintain an Electrolux Refrigerator for Best Performance
Proper cleaning and maintenance of the Electrolux refrigerator will help prevent costly repairs in the future and keep the refrigerator looking as good as new. Some of these simple steps may prevent breakage to the evaporator fan, condenser and glass shelves.
Unplug the Electrolux refrigerator before cleaning to avoid electrocution and damage to the refrigerator.
Carefully vacuum the toe grill at the bottom of the Electrolux refrigerator. This removes dust and debris that accumulate and could potentially clog or break the evaporator fan and condenser. You may need to remove the grill for better access.
Remove dust from the back of the Electrolux refrigerator very carefully with the vacuum.
Clean the outside of the Electrolux refrigerator with a mildly soapy sponge. Follow with a damp sponge to rinse, and immediately dry with a cloth to avoid streaks.
Wash the tempered glass shelving with a soapy sponge. Use extreme caution with temperature changes, which may cause the glass to explode into hundreds of pieces. Remove shelves and allow them to come to room temperature, then wash with lukewarm water.
- Electrolux recommends wearing safety glasses to clean some areas of the refrigerator.
Michelle Kraft has been writing for eHow since 2007 on a variety of topics including gardening, going green, health and fitness, and home improvement. Kraft's love of writing has become a passion with age. At Queens College, she majored in English to develop her writing skills.
- hand with sponge image by sparkia from Fotolia.com
- How to Clean Toshiba Air Conditioners
- How to Adjust Rollers on a Sub-Zero Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Shelf on a Samsung French Door Refrigerator
- How to Remove the Smell of Feta Cheese
- How to Remove the Shelves in a Frigidaire Freezer
- How to Clean the Glass Window on a Frigidaire Self-Cleaning Oven