How to Troubleshoot a Cuisinart Stand Mixer
Cuisinart manufactures stand mixers designed to mix and whip ingredients or knead dough. Attachments can be used to perform tasks such as juicing, food processing, meat grinding or pasta making. The stand mixers are warrantied by Cuisinart for 36 months after the date of purchase. If your stand mixer fails to perform as it should, troubleshoot it before calling for warranty service.
- Turn the nut on the top of an accessory counter-clockwise with a wrench to adjust the height if the accessory hits the bottom of the bowl or is too high to mix the ingredients near the bottom of the bowl. Raise the head on the stand mixer and hold the accessory in the desired position. Turn the nut clockwise to tighten it.
- Turn the stand mixer off and unplug it if it shuts down during use. The overload protection has been triggered. Remove some of the ingredients and wait five minutes before plugging the mixer in again. Turn it on and reset the speed. If it does not start, unplug it and wait five to 10 minutes before plugging it in again.
- Unplug the stand mixer immediately and discontinue use if the unit sparks or smokes. Have the unit serviced.
Things You Will Need
- Turn off the stand mixer and unplug it before inserting or removing attachments.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the stand mixer. The internal parts are not serviceable by the user.
- Do not allow children to use the stand mixer without close adult supervision.
- Discontinue use if the cord is visibly damaged. Using the stand mixer with a damaged cord can cause personal injury or property damage.
- Keep hands, clothing, hair and utensils away from moving parts to avoid personal injury or damaging the mixer.
- Do not immerse the power unit in water. This can result in personal injury or property damage.