- Remove the screws on the left and right sides of the grill located above the door on the front of the microwave.
- Tilt the top of the grill forward, and then remove it.
- Remove the filter from the filter slot, if one is installed.
- Insert the new filter into the filter slot with the wire-mesh side up.
- Replace the grill, and then secure the grill using the screws you removed to complete the installation.
How to Install Whirlpool Microwave Filters
Whirlpool microwave ovens installed above the stove contain a light and hood-fan on their underside. The fan acts as a hood, pulling smoke and stream away from the stove when in operation. Rather than venting to the outside of your house, the microwave has a charcoal filter that absorbs odors and cleans the air as it is re-released into the kitchen. Depending on usage, the filter should be changed every six to 12 months.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Microwave Fan
- How to Replace a GE Advantium Surface Light Bulb
- How to Remove the Top Grill on a Spacemaker Microwave Oven
- How to Take Down a Spacemaker Microwave Oven JVM240
- Differences Between Updraft & Convertible Range Hoods
- Instructions for the Holmes HAP412 Series HEPA Air Purifier