How to Replace the Door Handle on a Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer
The Kenmore Elite HE3 dryer is a front-loading dryer, intended for residential use. The dryer has plastic door with a window on the front, allowing you to see inside the dryer. The door is opened by a plastic handle on the side of the door. Because the handle is constantly pulled when opening the dryer, the plastic may break or crack. If the handle breaks or cracks it should be replaced, as it may become difficult to open and close the dryer.
Open the dryer door, then remove the door by removing the two screws that secure the door to the door jamb.
Place the door face down with the inside of the door facing up.
Remove the six screws from the inside portion of the door that secure the inner assembly to the outer assembly.
Separate the inner and outer frame, and remove the glass by simply lifting it out.
Remove the two screws securing the old door handle, then remove the handle.
Align the new door handle, then secure it with the screws that you removed from the old door handle.
Replace the glass, then reconnect the inner frame to the outer frame using the six screws that were removed.
Reinstall the door on the dryer by aligning the door hinge with the screws on the door jamb, then installing the screws.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace the Light Bulb in a GE Dryer
- Tightening the Handle on a KitchenAid Superba Double Oven
- How to Repair the Ice Door Flap on a Maytag Refrigerator
- Baldwin 5225 Lockset Disassembly Instructions
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?
- How to Change the Oven Light in a Whirlpool Range 465 Super Capacity Oven