Apartment Interior Stair Space
- Clean out the space beneath the stairs, if you have staircase with an open space or closet beneath it. Get rid of any objects that might damage the elliptical machine or cause it to tip over.
- Fold down parts on the elliptical machine.
- Put your elliptical machine into its case, if it is small enough to have one included with it when you bought it. Securely fasten any closures on the case, ensuring that the elliptical machine will not fall out of the case when you move it. Measure the length and width of the case--and the length and width of the closet or stair space--with a measuring tape to ensure that the elliptical machine will fit.
- Move the elliptical machine to the space beneath the stairs. If you are using a closet beneath the stairs, ensure that the elliptical machine does not block the closet door or stick out.
- If you are using an open space beneath the stairs, place a sectioned screen or a bookcase that fits beneath the stairs in front of the elliptical machine to hide it. Ensure that you place both the elliptical machine and the sectioned screen or bookcase far back beneath the stairs and close enough to the wall so that they will not tip over and injure anyone or cause damage.
In the Bathtub
- Put your elliptical machine into its case, if it is small enough to have one included with it when you bought it. Securely fasten any closures on the case, and ensure that the elliptical machine will not fall out of the case when you move it.
- Measure the length and width of the case--and the length and width of the bathtub--with a measuring tape to ensure that the machine will fit in the tub.
- Ensure that your bathtub is completely dry by wiping it down with towels. Check that the water handles are shut off and that the shower head or water faucet is not dripping.
- Push the sliding shower door or [shower curtain](https://society6.com/shower-curtains?utm_source=SFGHG&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=8610) as far open as possible. Place a dry towel on the bottom of the bathtub.
- Lift the small elliptical machine by the case handles and place it into the bathtub. Close the shower door or shower curtain completely.
Under the Bed
- Measure from the bottom of your bed frame to the floor with a measuring tape to determine how much clearance space you have.
- Fold down the handles on your elliptical machine.
- Measure the vertical width of your folded elliptical machine with a measuring tape to determine if it will safely fit beneath your bed without damaging it.
- Remove any objects beneath the bed that may prevent you from sliding the elliptical machine under the bed to hide it.
- Place the elliptical machine on the floor, parallel to the longest side of the bed, and slide the machine beneath the bed.
Behind the Couch
- Fold the handles down on your elliptical machine if possible.
- Measure the horizontal width of your folded elliptical machine with a measuring tape; this is the amount of space you will need between your couch and the wall.
- Pull your couch away from the wall at least as far as the horizontal width of your folded elliptical machine.
- Slide the machine through one end of the space you created behind the couch, and pull it into place out of sight.
Things You Will Need
- Sectioned screen or bookcase
- Measuring tape
- If one of these options is not feasible, you may need to design a customized screen or curtain to hide the elliptical machine permanently.