How to Repair an Ecoquest Air Purifier
Home air purifiers remove impurities and dust mites through the use of a filter screen, keeping you and your family from breathing in these unwanted particles. As with any other home-cleaning appliance, the filter and other parts eventually stop working after extended usage. If your Ecoquest air purifier makes a loud rumbling sound during operation, or won't power on at all, you need to replace and clean several internal parts to repair the device.
Turn the air purifier around so the rear plate is visible and facing you. Flip the power switch positioned below the rear plate to the "Off" position.
Grip the purifier's power cord and unplug it from your outlet. Grab the plastic locking thumbscrew at the top-right corner of the rear plate. Turn the screw counterclockwise until it pops forward. Repeat the process with the thumbscrew at the top-left corner to unlock the rear plate.
Hold the top-left and top-right corners of the rear plate and pull the plate toward you. Set the plate aside to reveal the lint screen inside the Ecoquest purifier.
Turn the thumbscrews that are positioned at the right and left sides of the plastic lint screen counterclockwise. Grip the top of the lint screen and pull it up slightly until it unlocks from the purifier's case. Pull the entire screen toward you and set it aside.
Locate the flat purification plate positioned near the middle of the purifier. Hold the edges of the plate and slide it toward you. Set the plate on a flat surface.
Mix together a solution of equal parts alcohol and water in a bowl. Dip a soft cleaning brush into the solution and scrub the purification plate clean on both sides.
Unplug the short cable connected to the port at the bottom of the purifier. Follow the cable to the RCI cell sitting near the top edge of the purifier. Pull the cell toward you and discard it.
Set the replacement Ecoquest cell on the plastic shelf near the top edge of the purifier. Plug the new cell's cable into the port near the bottom of the purifier. Push the cleaned purification plate into the rack at the middle of the purifier and place the new lint-screen filter onto the purifier.
Twist the thumbscrews back into position to lock the lint filter. Replace the rear plate and twist its thumbscrews into position. Reconnect the power cord and push the power switch to the "On" position.
Things You Will Need
- Cleaning brush
- Ecoquest RCI cell
- Ecoquest lint-filter screen
- Allow the purification plate to completely dry off before setting it back inside the purifier.
- Never place an Ecoquest air purifier near a source of heat such as a water heater or fireplace, as heat may damage the filters.
- Ecoquest air purifiers have a setting called "Away Mode" that filters more impurities out of the air, but it also produces more ozone. Never use the "Away Mode" feature if any people or pets will be in the house for the next two to six hours.
- How to Remove the Motor Stem From a Cuisinart Food Processor
- Directions for How to Clean Hunter Air Purifiers
- How do I Change the Filter in a Janitrol Pacesetter Gas Furnace?
- How to Replace the Grease & Odor Filters in a Kenmore Microwave
- How to Take Apart the Dust Bin on a Dyson Vacuum
- How to Remove a Samsung RF217 Ice Maker