How to Light a Maytag Gas Oven
Maytag manufactures a line of ovens and ranges that are fueled by natural gas. The electric igniter system built into the appliance lights the surface burners and oven burners automatically. All four surface igniters will click when any burner control knob is activated, however, only the burner linked to the control knob will ignite. During a power outage, the electirc igniter system will not work but the burners can still be lighted manually.
Push in and turn any control knob counterclockwise to ignite the corresponding surface or oven burner.
Dial the knob to the desired flame setting for cooking.
Light a wooden kitchen match during a power outage when you wish to use the Maytag oven. Hold the flame on the martch tip close to the burner before pushing in and turning the burner's control knob to the "IGNITE" setting.
- When lighting the oven with a match, light the match before turning the control knob that releases gas to the burner. This prevents an explosive buildup of gas around the burner.
James Clark began his career in 1985. He has written about electronics, appliance repair and outdoor topics for a variety of publications and websites. He has more than four years of experience in appliance and electrical repairs. Clark holds a bachelor's degree in political science.
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- What Is the Difference Between Electronic Ignition & Pilotless Electronic Ignition?
- Lighting a Gas Stove's Pilot Lights
- How to Remove the Popcorn Smell From a Microwave
- How do I Light the Burners on a Merritt O'Keefe Stove?
- How to Fix an Amana Range When the Oven Doesn't Heat