How to Turn on a Crosley Gas Stove
A Crosley gas stove works like most other gas stoves. The controls on the front of the stove control the amount of gas that feeds the burners. You can turn the knob to a higher or lower setting to regulate the flame. Crosley gas stoves come in a variety of colors and styles. Some Crosley stoves have pilot lights, while others have an igniter.
Turn the dial or knob on the front of the stove in a clockwise direction. Turn it as far as possible. If your stove has an igniter, you should hear a "clicking" sound as the igniter lights the flame on the stove. If your stove has an igniter, the stove should light after three clicks.
Wait a few seconds for the fire to light. If it does not, turn the stove off.
Check the pilot light to make sure it is lit. If the pilot light has gone out, strike a match and relight it. Turn the knob again. If nothing happens, turn the knob to shut the stove off.
Light a match and hold it over the burner. Turn the knob and ignite the gas with the match held directly above the burner.
- Light your match before turning on the gas, or you could trigger a gas explosion.
- Be careful not to burn yourself when holding a match over the burner.
- Do not light a match if you smell gas. Call a professional to check for a gas leak.
Gail Delaney is a writer in South Dakota and has articles published online at various websites. She is the garden editor for BellaOnline, with years of gardening experience. Being the caretaker of her parents led her in the direction of medical issues, especially natural remedies.
- How to Light the Pilot Lights on Kenmore Stoves
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Clean Japanese Lacquerware
- How to Remove the Washing Machine Cover on a Kenmore Elite
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How do I Replace the Light in a GE Profile Advantium 120?