- Unplug the range from the wall outlet.
- Remove the burner grates and the burner caps from the top of the range.
- Remove the screws securing the burner bases to the stove-top, then remove the burner bases.
- Insert a putty knife between the front sides of the main top and the cabinet to release the spring clips. Lift the top up and secure it using a sturdy object.
- Remove the bolt securing the gas orifice containing the faulty igniter to the burner tube, using an open-end wrench.
- Turn the orifice over, then remove the screw securing the igniter to the orifice. Pull the igniter out of the orifice, then disconnect the wire from the igniter's terminal.
- Connect the wire to the new igniter, then secure it into the orifice using the screw that was removed.
- Secure the orifice to the burner tube using the bolt that was removed.
- Lower the range top and press it down to engage the spring clips.
- Replace the burner bases, securing them using the screws that were removed.
- Replace the burner caps and grates.
- Restore power to the range to complete the repair.
Gas Stove Igniter Repair
Most gas ranges that have a stove and oven in a single unit no longer rely on a pilot light to ignite the gas. Instead, the ranges rely on an electronic ignition system, which consists of a spark module, located in the control housing, and several igniters, one on each burner in the oven and on the stove. If all igniters are working except one, the faulty igniter must be replaced; otherwise, you cannot light the burner.
Things You Will Need
- How to Adjust the Jets on a Gas Cooktop
- How to Replace the Ignitor on a GE Range
- How to Wire a Char-Broil Ignitor
- How do I Lift the Stovetop of a Kenmore Flat Top Electric Range?
- How to Remove Bronze Tarnish and Pitting
- How to Change a Tappan Oven Bake Element
- How to Clean a Homelite Spark Arrestor Screen
- How to Repair the Keypad on a Microwave Oven
- How to Hide Plaster Cracks
- How to Clean Grill Grates With Oven Cleaner
- How to Convert to LP Gas on a Tappan Gas Stove
- My GE Gas Oven Won't Light
- DIY: How to Replace a Touchpad on a Microwave
- How to Fix a Broken Kohler Faucet Handle