Things You Will Need
- Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
- Quart-size spray bottle
- Liquid dish soap
- Paper towel or clean soft towel
- Fine steel wool
Granite countertops or other granite surfaces in your home offer several advantages: They can boost your property value, they are eye-catching and they are easy to maintain. While there are a wide variety of products available to clean granite, the easiest and cheapest way to do so is by using rubbing alcohol.
Rubbing alcohol can clean and shine the granite within minutes, and it isn’t as harsh as other chemicals that could scratch the surface.
- Add 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol to the quart-sized spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of dish soap to the spray bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with warm water. Shake the bottle to mix the solution.
- Spray the granite countertop with the solution, saturating the entire surface.
- Allow the solution to sit for a minute or so, and then wipe it away with a paper towel or clean, soft towel.
- Rub the granite with fine steel wool. This isn’t needed on every occasion, but if your granite has any black or gray marks, fine steel wool will remove them and restore shine.