How to Repair a Kenmore Ice Maker When the Red Light Is Flashing and it Won't Make Ice
When you open a Kenmore refrigerator's freezer door and notice a red flashing LED on the ice maker and the ice bin is empty, there are a few possible solutions. Once you identify the problem, you should be able to address the issue in only a few minutes without the use of tools. Your Kenmore freezer should be making ice again in no time.
Find the ice maker's slide control button and turn it to the "ON" position. The button is on the front of the ice maker and should be visible when the freezer door is open.
Moisten a lint-free towel with warm water and wipe the optics lenses to remove frost, dirt or grime. The lenses tell the freezer to make ice when the lenses are able to "see" each other. They must be free of frost, dirt or grime to do this.
Lower the arm inside the ice maker by pushing it down. If the arm is raised, the ice maker will not fill the cube train and will not dispense ice.
- If the red LED is on steadily, the ice maker is functioning normally.
- If the red LED light flashes a few times when you open the freezer door and turns off, the emitter or receiver board may need to be replaced.
Based in Columbus, Ga., Ashley Hay has been covering animal health and wellness since 2004, and arts and entertainment since 2008. She holds a Bachelors of Arts in psychology from the University of Central Florida.
- How to Open a Sentry V120 Lock
- How to Troubleshoot a GE Bottom Freezer Icemaker
- Miller Central Air Conditioner Troubleshooting
- How to Repair a Kenmore Ice Maker When the Red Light Is Flashing and it Won't Make Ice
- How to Troubleshoot Honeywell Heating Thermostats
- How to Sharpen Garbage Disposal Blades