How to clean lamp shades
Even in the cleanest of homes, lamp shades collect dust. This easy preventive cleaning keeps the dust away and little longer and gives off a nice, fresh scent when the lamp is turned on.
- In 1-quart container, put warm water and add liquid fabric softener.
- Dip clean, soft cloth into solution and wring thoroughly.
- Wipe inside of lamp shade with cloth.
- Using a clean dry cloth or duster, lightly stroke dust from outside of shade.
Things You Will Need
- 2 capfuls liquid fabric softener
- 2 cups warm water
- 1-quart plastic container
- Clean white cloth
- Many fabric softeners come in a variety of scents, enabling you to choose your favorite scent that will be emitted when the lamp is turned on.
- Swiffer dusters work great to get off the excess dust after cleaning the inside of the shade.
- Make sure lamp is turned off before cleaning shade.