- Remove the old kitchen cabinet that is located on top of the stove.
- Install a wall socket where your microwave oven will be connected for power. You can do this yourself or hire an electrician to do this.
- Add new cabinets that have been made to measure or bought ready made with correct size for the right height. Apply a stain to match the existing cabinets' finish.
- Install the new microwave oven by drilling the braces on to the wall studs using drill and screw driver.
- Test for stability and usability. Try the microwave cooker and vent.
How to Install a Microwave Over the Stove
Adding a microwave oven on top of a stove can not only save on valuable counter space but can also act as an exhaust or air vent to eliminate cooking odor from your kitchen. Replacing or adding a new microwave oven is a project you can finish in one weekend.