Fitted Bottom Sheet
- The finished measurements for fitted bottom sheets are: twin, 39-by-75 inches; extra-long twin, 39-by-80 inches; full or double, 54-by-75 inches; queen, 60-by-80 inches; and king, 76-by-80 inches. To the desired finished length for all sizes, add 2 inches. Cut to length.
- For twin sizes, cut the fabric to 41 inches wide. For full size, cut two pieces each 28½ inches wide. For queen size, cut three pieces 21½ inches wide; for king, cut three pieces 26¾ inches wide.
- If needed, sew pieces together to create the correct width. Zig-zag each edge individually to finish raw edges. Press open the seam or seams and topstitch through both thicknesses on either side of the seam(s).
- Round off each corner to create a gentle curve. Turn under ½ inch twice on all sides and stitch down.
- Cut a 6-inch length of ¼-inch elastic. Stretch to 9 inches and pin to each corner. Zig-zag through elastic and sheet.
Flat Top Sheet
- The finished size for flat top sheets are twin, 66-by-96 inches; extra long twin, 66-by-102 inches; full, 81-by-96 inches; queen, 90-by-102 inches; and king, 108-by-102 inches.
- To the desired finished length for all sizes, add 6 inches. Cut fabric.
- Cut the width of sheets as follows: For twin, cut two pieces 35½ inches wide; for full, cut two pieces 43 inches wide; for queen, cut three pieces 32 inches wide; for king, cut three pieces 38 inches wide.
- Piece strips together to create the appropriate width. Sew, press and topstitch as described for fitted sheets.
- On each side and at the foot of the sheet, fold under 1 inch twice and stitch down. At the top, fold under 1 inch, then another 3 inches. Stitch across the bottom of the 3-inch hem.