- Place the bottom of the Mylar bag on the FoodSaver sealing strip. Press the "Instant Seal" button on the FoodSaver. This step is not necessary if the bottom of the Mylar bag came pre-sealed.
- Fill the Mylar bag.
- Place the unsealed top edge of the bag onto the FoodSaver sealing strip.
- Press the "Vacuum & Seal" button on the FoodSaver. The air will be removed from the bag by the FoodSaver before it is sealed.
How to Use a Foodsaver to Seal a Mylar Bag
Traditional plastic storage bags allow some air to enter the bag, eventually leading to the contents spoiling. Mylar bags are useful for storage because the Mylar prevents air from entering the bag. Mylar bags need to be sealed to keep the contents fresh. A FoodSaver is a useful tool for sealing Mylar bags. The FoodSaver will remove all the air from the bag before sealing it. This ensures the longest possible usable lifespan for the contents of the Mylar bag.
- How to Prepare Marine Plywood for a Boat Deck
- Problems With the Foodsaver Pro II
- How to Install a Bag for the Electrolux Oxygen 3
- How do I Adjust the Vacuum on the Foodsaver Compact II?
- How to Charge Dewalt Batteries
- How to Replace the Battery in a Braun Shaver
- How to Get Rid of Mildew Stains From Material and Plastic
- How to Clean a Kirby Vacuum Bag
- How to Remove Wax Coating From Porcelain Tiles
- How to Change the Fuse on a Kenmore Vacuum
- How to Remove Smoke Odors From a Room
- How to Convert Square Feet Into Yards for Flooring
- How to Cover Air Vents
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites