- Slide the spring-loaded collar on the compressor's female coupler backward, away from the open end of the coupler.
- Insert the hose's male coupler firmly into the compressor's female coupler.
- Release the collar on the compressor's female coupler. Check to see that it has returned to the original position, holding the hose's male coupler in place.
- Pull on the hose slightly to verify that the connection is secure.
- Repeat the steps, connecting the female coupler on the hose to the male coupler on the tool.
- If the compressor is full of compressed air when you insert the hose into the coupler, you should hear the hose fill with air.