How to Troubleshoot a Sears Model 139.655000 Garage Door Opener
The Sears model 139.655000 garage door opener is built to stand up to regular use without failure. If problems occur, performing troubleshooting steps can help identify the source of the issue.
Check the garage door to ensure no locks or bolts are preventing the door from opening.
Make sure any wall switch that supplies power to the opener is in the "On" position.
Allow the unit several minutes to cool if it has been used numerous times in succession. If the unit overheats, it will trip an overload switch that resets itself.
Press the reset button on the back of the opener chassis.
Inspect the lock switch. Move the switch to the "Off" position, away from the label that says "Lock."
Make sure there is nothing obstructing the path of the door if it will not completely close.
Replace the battery in the transmitter if it is failing to control the opener. Slide the battery cover off to access the battery.
- How to Code Chamberlain Remote Controls
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Turn Off the Lock Light on the Kenmore Elite Electric Cooktop
- How to Troubleshoot a Genie Pro Excelerator
- How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote
- How to Get the Lock off a GE Monogram Oven