- Put the entire bump key into the door's lock. Make sure that the valleys and hills of the key are facing up.
- Strike the top of the bump key with the hammer or mallet three to five times.
- Turn the key counter-clockwise to unlock the door. If the door will not open, hit the door with the mallet or hammer three to five more times.
How to Open a Locked Door Using a Bump Key
A bump key can help you break into your own house, if you have locked yourself out. The bump key should never be used to break into other people's house, because it is unethical and, of course, illegal. Along with a bump key, you will need something forceful, such as a hammer or a mallet to hit the key into the key hole. With some practice, the right tools and the right frame of mind, you can open a locked door with a cheap bump key.
Things You Will Need
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Troubleshoot an Oster Convection/Microwave Oven
- How to Remove White Spots From Hardwood Floors
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Key a Master Padlock
- How Do You Clean Water Spots From Glass Table Tops?
- How to Remove Heavy Rust
- How to Remove Rust From an Axe
- How to Renew Ceramic Tile
- How to Stain an Exterior Mahogany Door
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Install a Whirlpool Oven Door
- How to Retumble a Lock