- Measure the amount you would like to cut off the wall cabinets from the back of the cabinet and mark it with a pencil.
- Draw a line around the entire cabinet using a straight-edge and a pencil.
- Cut the back of the cabinet off using a circular saw. Cut slowly to avoid jagged and rough cuts.
- Remove the sides from the back that was previously cut.
- Place the back onto the cabinet. Attach it to the cabinet with 1 1/4-inch grabber screws and a power drill.
How to Reduce Wall Cabinet Depth in Carpentry
If your wall cabinets are too deep, you can cut them down to reduce the depth. You will be able to mount your cabinets to the wall without them taking up so much room. Oftentimes, cabinets become so cluttered in the rear, it is difficult to reach items. By reducing the depth of your wall cabinets, you will be able to reach items. This will keep your cabinets more organized and user friendly.
Things You Will Need
- Use caution when working with power equipment.
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Spray Paint Kitchen Cabinets
- How Do I Cut Cabinets to Build a Microwave Shelf?
- How to Repair a Leaky Ice Maker in a Refrigerator
- How to Polish Solid-Surface Countertops
- How to Make Your Microwave Look Built-In
- How to Paint Cheap Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Repair Wallpaper That Is Lifting
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Change a Dishwasher Door to Stainless Steel
- How to Thaw a Steak in a Toaster Oven
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Remove a Panel on a Kenmore Series 80 Electric Dryer