How to Reattach a Dryer Vent Tube
Reattaching a dryer vent tube is a simple do-it-yourself task. Dryer vents come loose over time, and with an excessive amount of lint buildup in the tube. It's also best to clean out the vent tube before reattaching it to your dryer, preventing a possible cause for the tube coming loose again.
Using a pair of scissors, cut the old zip tie off the back of the dryer's exhaust outlet.
Place the dryer vent around the exhaust outlet of your dryer. The exhaust outlet will be either the plastic or metal opening on the bottom of your dryer in the back.
Wrap the zip tie around the dryer vent tube once it is attached to the dryer, and pull the plastic tie tight, securing the vent tube in place.
David Batka has been a journalist since 2005, having reported for "The Chicago Flame" and "Glacier." He also has numerous years of experience with home repair and building. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in history from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- laundry image by timur1970 from Fotolia.com
- How to Change the Plug on an Amana Clothes Dryer
- How to Take the Back Off a GE Dryer
- How to Replace the Heater in a Kenmore Stackable Dryer
- How to Change the Light Bulb in a Whirlpool Duet Dryer
- How to Replace a Heating Element in a Whirlpool Duet Electric Dryer
- How to Replace the Motor Pulley in a Maytag Dryer