- Use cast iron cookware for cooking on a pellet stove. Although other pans can be used, cast iron is preferred as it evenly disperses heat and improves flavor.
- Adjust the heat level with the damper on the stove. Check the user's manual if you are unsure of how to adjust the damper or the heat level.
- Cook foods that require slow even cooking. Stews, meats and beans are good choices, but anything that can be cooked on your range can typically be cooked on a pellet stove with some adjustments to cooking time.
- Check the food often to prevent burning or excessive boiling. Adjust the heat as necessary.
Things You Will Need
- Cast iron cookware
- If cooking with a pellet cook stove check baked goods often as ovens in wood stoves are oven much hotter that those in traditional ovens. The constant source of heat also effects baking time.