How to Care for Lladro Porcelain
Lladro porcelain figurines are handcrafted in Valencia, Spain. The figurines are collected by porcelain lovers around the world. Caring for your collection of Lladro porcelain is not a challenging task. Occasional dusting helps keep them free of grime, although it is sometimes necessary to wash them. Proper care helps to ensure the figurines will be a classic work of art in your home for many decades.
Dust your Lladro figurine carefully.
Fold a soft towel in half and place it in the bottom of the sink or basin where you will be washing your Lladro porcelain figurine. This lessens the risk of you dropping or banging the figurine against the hard surface, thus damaging it.
Run warm water into the sink or basin.
Add a squirt of mild dish-washing liquid to the water. Swish it around to create suds.
Place your Lladro figurine into the water carefully. Do not allow the item to soak, as this can loosen past repairs.
Wash the Lladro porcelain with a soft cleaning cloth. If the piece needs a detailed cleaning, use a soft-bristle brush or toothbrush to clean it gently.
Rinse the Lladro porcelain with clear, warm water.
Stand the Lladro porcelain up on a layer of paper towels or another soft towel and allow it to air-dry.
Store it in a safe location once it is dry.
- Storing the Lladro porcelain in a glass curio cabinet allows it to be admired and helps prevent dust from settling on the figurine.
- If you damage your Lladro, take it to an experienced ceramics restorer instead of trying to repair it yourself.
- Never allow the Lladro porcelain to come into contact with harsh cleaners, such as ammonia, bleach or other chemicals. This can damage the porcelain.
- If your figurine has a felt bottom, keep it out of the soapy water.
Chelsea Fitzgerald covers topics related to family, health, green living and travel. Before her writing career, she worked in the medical field for 21 years. Fitzgerald studied education at the University of Arkansas and University of Memphis.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images